Trick out your home with this DIY Halloween project! Let's create a Spooky Photo Garland that will impress trick-or-treaters and display creepy photos 🦇 👻 This project is great to decorate your Halloween party without sacrificing sophistication and your pocket.
Toilet paper roll bats are the perfect quick and effortless Halloween decoration. We combine bats with ghosts in this project.
DIY Spooky Photo Garland
Materials you'll need for one photo garland:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Black acrylic paint
- Black carton
- Paper perforator
- Little black pegs
- Square pieces of white fabric
- Silk white paper or ping pong ball
- Black yarn
- White yarn
- Small back pompoms or buttons
- Needle and thread
- Printiki photo prints
- Printiki Bat Template
We've created a template for you with different bats propositions! Start by downloading and printing it.
- Fold the top of the toilet paper roll, putting the two parts together inside a paper perforator and making a hole in the center of it, almost on edge. Then, fold the middle top of the toilet paper roll inwards, shaping it like the bat's ears.
- Paint the toilet paper roll in black.
- Cut the bat's eyes and mouth from our template and glue them to the toilet paper roll.
- Cut the wing, put it on top of the black carton and draw around it. Cut the wing off the black carton and glue it to the toilet paper roll.
- Glue two little black pegs on the bottom of the toilet paper roll, as if it was the bat's feet. Glue it on the inside part of the toilet paper roll.
- Place your Printiki photo print in the pegs.
- Use a ping pong ball or make a small ball using silk paper. Wrap a square white fabric around it.
- Use a white yarn to wrap it around the sphere and white fabric. Leave some yarn left to attach later the ghost to the garland.
- Sew or glue the small black pompoms or buttons on the center of the sphere, making the ghost's eyes. You can also use a marker to make them.
Now it's time to put the garland together!
- Get a piece of yarn of approximately 80 cm. Tie a knot at almost the edge of the yarn and pass it through one bat. The knot will hold the bat from the inside. Then, tie another knot on the other edge, but this time leaving approximately 15 cm of yarn. Pass through another bat. Tie one ghost on the yarn, in the space left between both bats. Tie this yarn to the branch.
- Repeat the process with another two pieces of yarn, placing the bats and ghosts at the position you prefer.
- Tie a piece of yarn to both ends of the branch so that you can hang it on the wall.
Voila! Your Spooky Photo Garland is ready to decorate your Halloween party!
See the full tutorial on our YouTube and subscribe to our channel for more DIY projects ideas ✂️ 🙋🏻 Also, we've got a DIY Halloween Decorations playlist with many ideas!
Happy Halloween! 😈🎃
Bia, Kim & Printiki Team